Best food to stockpile + a handy guidebook on crisis food rations – read on! If you’re looking to stock up on healthy and long lasting non-perishable foods that don’t have to be refrigerated to stay fresh, you’ve come to the right place! Making your own emergency rations that you can store without refrigeration is actually much easier (and cheaper) than you think, and you have just made your first step towards that!
Learn how to stock up on non-perishable food for times of crisis and various dire emergencies. Our guide covers why exactly you should do it in the first place, includes information on what kinds of food are best to stockpile, how to prepare your own emergency rations at home, and it will also let you on our little secret – the very best book on the wide choice of ultimate survival (super)foods that we were able to find and test out!
- Why Should You Stock Up on Non-perishable Foods?
- Food In Times of Crisis and Economy Collapse
- Best Food To Stockpile – What You Should Know
- Make and Prepare Your Own Crisis Rations – Better Safe Than Sorry!
- 126 Superfoods – No Refrigeration – Long Term Storage
- Learn How To Prepare Your Healthy Food Rations Now!
Don’t wait until it’s too late and aim towards the complete sustainability of your household in the times of unexpected crisis. Read on!
Why Should You Stock Up on Non-Perishable Foods?
In times of crisis, having a diverse stockpile of non-perishable foods is one of the most important and vital things. Whether it’s a natural disaster, economic collapse, or a local emergency, having a supply of food that won’t spoil easily and can be stored long-term can help ensure that you and your family have enough to eat throughout the first months of chaos that can easily ensue in the society.
Food is one of the very first things that will become scarce when the society collapses, and preparing for that eventuality is one of the most crucial things for every responsible family, especially these days.
But what exactly are non-perishable foods? These are foods that have a very long shelf life when stored correctly, and most importantly don’t require refrigeration. Some examples of “traditional” and well known non-perishable food include canned goods, dried beans and grains, pasta, and jerky. These foods can last for months or even years, making them a somewhat reliable source of sustenance during difficult times.
By the way, did you know that the U.S government actually developed a secret non-perishable military superfood during the cold war, specifically for long-term bunker emergencies? Well, let’s just say that it’s extremely nutritious, compact and easy to make and you can quickly learn how to prepare it in “The Lost Superfoods”!
In addition to being a practical solution for emergencies, stocking up on various non-perishable foods can also help you find peace of mind in your day to day life. Knowing that you have a reliable supply of food on hand can alleviate stress and anxiety, especially during uncertain times. It’s always better to be prepared than to be caught off guard.
When choosing non-perishable foods to stock up on, the longevity of the food products isn’t the only thing you need to take into account. A much more important thing is the nutritional value of the chosen foods.
All this isn’t really a thing you think about often, when having a plenty of food products available to you at home and at the store, but it becomes increasingly more important when you have to rely solely on your stockpiled rations you’ve gathered at home in case of an unexpected emergency. Luckily, in this very book we really can not recommend you enough you can learn exactly how to prepare delicious foods for long-term storage that can be easily classified as non-perishable superfoods!
Stay tuned, because there is much more to be said here!
Food In Times of Crisis and Economy Collapse
Natural disasters, economic collapse, and other crises can strike at any time, leaving you and hundreds of other people without access (or with much limited access) to common food products and other essential supplies. These situations happened already a lot of times in the history of our world and the United States.
In such situations, having a well prepared stockpile of nutritious non-perishable food can be a thing that will be crucial for you and your family. It’s important to be prepared regardless if the emergency turns out to be a local disaster or a widespread crisis that affects the entire country.
In times of crisis, grocery stores will most likely become empty in first few days after the disaster strikes. Food will become way less accessible and most stores and supermarkets will close, or have limited supplies. Food prices will skyrocket soon after that happens.
By having a stockpile of non-perishable food, you can avoid the initial panic and chaos that often accompany emergencies. Moreover, you’ll have the peace of mind before the crisis situation even happens, knowing that you and your family have enough gathered food to survive. You can’t go wrong with starting your preparations soon – it’s really not much work! It will cost you even less money and time if you start doing it the right way – that’s why we stick with what “The Lost Superfoods” have to offer!
As we’ve mentioned before, it’s also vital to consider the nutritional value of the food you stockpile. In times of crisis, it’s easy to fall into the trap of resorting cheap, unhealthy foods which are available right away, that will only provide short-term sustenance and can actually pose a risk for your health when you rely solely on them.
By choosing nutrient-dense foods on the other hand, foods that are high in protein, fiber, and healthy fats, you can ensure that you and your family stay healthy and energized during a crisis. That’s exactly the kind of food that “The Lost Superfoods” by Art Rude will teach you to prepare – with minimal investment and in short amount of time!
In addition to natural disasters and economic collapse, local emergencies such as floods, extreme droughts, prolonged power outages or water contamination can also leave you with limited access to food. By having a stockpile of quality self-prepared non-perishable food that is high in nutrients and can be stored for long years, you can be prepared for any situation and ensure that you and your family stay well-fed and healthy.
In times of crisis your money will most likely become worthless pretty quickly, so one of the wisest thing you can do is to invest it in learning how to come prepared for harder times that might come. You are just one step away from protecting your future, and we’re already ahead of you having read this wonderful resource from cover to cover!
If you’re also interested in having access to natural medicine once the local pharmacies shut down, you might also enjoy our guide on starting your own medicinal herb garden. It’s really easy, and you can do it quicker than you think!
Best Food To Stockpile – What You Should Know
When it comes to stockpiling non-perishable foods, it’s important to choose items that are nutrient-dense, easy to store, and have a long shelf life. Here are some of the best options to consider:
- Canned goods: Canned fruits, vegetables, and meats can be a good options to stock up on, however their nutritional value and final longevity might vary from product to product. Contrary to popular belief, canned food is not 100% non-perishable, and canned goods might become unusable after stored for a certain amount of time.
- Dried beans and legumes: These are a great source of protein and can be stored for a very long time. They are also versatile and can be used in a variety of dishes.
- Rice and pasta: These are easy to store and can easily last for years when stored in air-tight containers in a dry place. They are also versatile and can be used in a variety of dishes.
- Nuts and seeds: These are a great source of healthy fats and protein and can be stored for up to a year or more. They are also a pretty good option for snacking.
These kind of food products you can easily get at a store are generally pretty good options to have on hand when a sudden food shortage comes into play. However, keep in mind that compared to their store bought equivalents, many self-made non-perishable foods are more rich in nutrients, can last much longer, and are way more reliable in the long term – these are the emergency foods that you can easily prepare by yourself!
Also, last things last here, when it comes to resorting to store-bought “non-perishable” foods, it’s important to rotate your stockpile regularly and check the expiration dates to ensure that your food is still safe to eat. This is generally true for all kinds of food in long-term storage.
Make and Prepare Your Own Crisis Rations – Better Safe Than Sorry!
If you want to ensure that your crisis rations will last long, suit your tastes well, and most importantly actually be nutritious, the best way to go about this is preparing them by yourself. It’s way easier than it sounds too.
- Choose the right foods: When choosing foods to include in your crisis rations, it’s important to choose foods that are non-perishable and have a long shelf life. Some good options include canned goods, dried fruits and vegetables, and grains like rice and quinoa. There are however much more tasty mouth-watering alternatives to the most popular and common non-perishable food rations that are mentioned on most online blogs. You can find all of them in “The Lost Superfoods”.
- Store your food properly: Once you’ve got your non-perishable foods, it’s important to store them properly to ensure that they last as long as possible. Keep your food in a cool, dry place, and make sure that it’s sealed tightly to prevent moisture and pests from getting in. Remember that some types of long lasting food may require more sophisticated storage methods. Once again, all of this is covered in the book.
- Create a meal plan: To make sure that you have enough food to last through a crisis, it’s important to create a meal plan. This will help you to determine how much food you need to stockpile, how you plan to use it over time, and it will also help you to make sure that you have a variety of foods to choose from for different meals and snacks.
- Learn how to cook with your crisis rations: Finally, it’s important to learn how to cook with the foods you’ve collected in your crisis rations. This will help you to make the most of the food you have, and it will also help you to avoid getting stuck with eating the same kinds of food over and over again. Crisis rations don’t have to be boring!
You are one click away from gaining all the knowledge you need to start preparing your quality & tasty homemade emergency rations right away!
Check out also: Your very own home pharmacy – How To Start a Medicinal Herb Garden – A Quick Guide
126 Superfoods – No Refrigeration – Long Term Storage – “The Lost Superfoods” by Art Rude
As we’ve already mentioned more than a few times, when it comes to non-perishable foods, it’s important to have a variety of options that are both nutritious, palatable and long-lasting.
An even more important thing is to know where and how to get access to food that meets these conditions. That’s where Art Rude’s book, “The Lost Superfoods” comes in handy. This book provides a comprehensive list of 126 superfoods that require no refrigeration and have a long shelf life.
Some of the food options listed in the book include:
- The Secret US Doomsday Ration (!)
- Canned Hamburger Meat
- Delicious Pemmican
- Bastirma Coated Meat
- Mongolian Aaruul
- …and instructions for preparing 120 more delicious long-lasting superfoods!
If we got you interested, click here to learn more and get your copy of “The Lost Superfoods” – it won’t be available forever! We already have our copy right here!
These superfoods are not only great for survival situations, but they can also be incorporated into your everyday diet for added nutrition. Prepare them once and store for a long time!
The Summary – Learn How To Prepare Your Healthy Food Rations Now!
In times of crisis, having a stockpile of non-perishable foods is a smart move. It can help you and your family get through emergencies, disasters, and even economic collapse. Gathering sufficient supply of food is one of your most important responsibilities before the unexpectable happens. But simply buying store bought goods advertised as “non-perishable” is simply not enough.
By making and preparing your own crisis rations, you can ensure that you have healthy, nutritious and tasty food that will last you for months or even years. “The Lost Superfoods” by Art Rude is an excellent resource for anyone looking to stock up on simple, delicious and easy to make non-perishable foods, and quite frankly it’s the best resource we found on the topic during our extensive research.
When preparing your crisis rations, be sure to label everything with the date of purchase and expiration date. Store your food in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and heat sources. Consider investing in airtight containers and vacuum sealers to help extend the shelf life of your food. But we can’t really fit all the things we learned in this short article, even if we tried. Grab the book while it’s still available and get all the knowledge you need yourself. We guarantee that your future self will thank you for it, mark our words!
In short summary, stocking up on non-perishable foods is a wise decision for anyone looking to be prepared for emergencies and disasters. By following the tips outlined in this post and using resources like “The Lost Superfoods”, you can rest easy and don’t worry about food shortages when hard times come.
Don’t wait until it’s too late – start preparing your crisis rations now – better safe than sorry!
You might also like: How To Start a Medicinal Herb Garden – A Quick Guide
[this article features affiliate links]