The prostate is an integral part of the reproductive system and plays some crucial functions in the sexual health of men. Therefore, a healthy prostate is essential for a healthy sex life.
Unfortunately, prostate problems are quite prevalent among men. A diseased prostate not only affects the reproductive health of men but it is also characterized by a set of irritable urogenital symptoms which significantly affect the quality of life. Various medical and surgical treatments are available for the management of the prostate depending upon the severity of symptoms, and they also have an excellent prognosis.
Some people, however, avoid taking medications or getting under the knife and prefer trying natural remedies for curing their prostate. The good news is that some natural herbs and vitamins have remarkable properties for preventing and treating prostate diseases. Even several research studies have proved the potential efficacy of herbal supplementation for the treatment of prostate.
This article will help you discover some of the best natural herbs and vitamins for your prostate. But before going into the details of these natural remedies, let’s understand more about the prostate.
- What is the Prostate?
- How Common Are the Prostate Problems in Men?
- How do you know that you have a Prostate Problem?
- Prevention and Treatment of BPH
- Natural Origin Prostate Remedies
- FluxActive Complete – All In One! – A Unique Solution
What is the Prostate?
The prostate is an accessory gland in all male mammals1. It is about the size of a walnut, weighing about 11 grams, and is located in the pelvis, below the urinary bladder, and surrounds the male urethra2. It is covered by an elastic fibromuscular capsule and contains glandular as well as non-glandular component3.
The prostate gland produces semen, a substance that is emitted during ejaculation that supports fertility. Prostatic fluid is milky white in appearance and is slightly alkaline. The prostate also needs male hormones, mainly androgens and testosterone, for optimum functioning. It doubles in size during the teenage years and then continues to grow after 25 years of age.
How Common Are the Prostate Problems in Men?
Prostate enlargement, or Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH), is quite a common problem for men. Almost half of all men aged 50 to 60 have BPH to a certain degree4. And up to 90% of men over 80 have it.
Similarly, prostate cancer is the second most common cause of death in men. Of all the tumors, the prevalence of prostatic tumors increases the most rapidly with age5. The medical advances which lead to an increase in the survival and age of the US male population also cause the increase in the overall prevalence of prostatic tumors.
How do you know that you have a Prostate Problem?
Prostate enlargement and other related problems are characterized by irritable symptoms, typically related to the urinary tract.
In BPH, there is an abnormal increase in the proliferation of the smooth muscle cells, epithelial cells, and stromal cells in the prostate. As the prostate gland enlarges, it compresses the urethra. As a result, the wall of the urinary bladder thickens, and the bladder loses its ability to empty. It leads to many problems collectively labeled lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS). These include:
- Urinary frequency: the need to urinate often, even every hour
- Urinary hesitancy: taking a while to get started
- Urinary incontinence: leaking or dribbling of urine
- Urinary retention: the feeling that the bladder is full despite passing urine
- Intermittent urination: stopping and starting several times while passing urine
- Weak stream: weak urine flow
- Nocturia: the need to wake up several times at night to pass urine
- Urinary urgency: feeling the urgent need to pass urine; otherwise, you will spoil the clothes
- Straining: having difficulty in starting to pass urine as the urethra becomes constricted
- Urinary retention: when BPH becomes severe, you might not be able to pass urine at all
Other than urinary problems, an enlarged prostate causes sexual difficulties, and these various symptoms can easily degrade the patient’s overall quality of life in a very short time.
As you will learn in a short while, there are some natural organic solutions for prostate health that can prove themselves useful when you’re experiencing any of these symptoms. One of the herbal ingredient-based is the FluxActive Complete.
Prevention and Treatment of BPH
Various lead researchers at Harvard have recommended general preventive health measures for the enlargement of the prostate, such as:
- A healthy Mediterranean diet, together with reduced consumption of red meat.
- Exercise for 30 minutes 5 times a week.
- Adopting measures to reduce stress, such as meditation.
Treatment of BPH generally includes:
- Active surveillance: If the symptoms are not severe, the wait-and-watch policy is adopted. BPH is closely monitored but not actively treated. If symptoms worsen or new symptoms appear, the treatment is started.
- Medications: Various medicines help shrink or relax the muscles near the prostate6. These include:
- Alpha-blockers relax the muscles in the urethra and the neck of the bladder, thus improving urine flow
- Five alpha-reductase inhibitors inhibit the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT). DHT slows or stops the growth of the prostate, which prevents the death of prostate cells. Thus, 5 alpha-reductase inhibitors increase the urine flow and help shrink the prostate.
- Surgery: If other treatments prove ineffective, surgery, such as transurethral resection, can help with the urine flow. However, the surgical procedure carries risks and complications, especially for the elderly.
- Other treatments: Sometimes heat, with the help of microwaves or lasers, is used to reduce extra prostate tissue.
Natural Origin Prostate Remedies
Since synthetic medications and surgery are associated with various risks and side effects, some prefer natural remedies to help reduce enlarged prostate symptoms. Many studies have been done and are being conducted to develop new drugs from natural sources.
Scroll down for a rather interesting and effective solution that fuses all of the natural origin ingredients we’re going to talk about into one capsule!
Various herbs and nutrients found in nature can play an important role in ensuring prostate health. We’re going to describe the major ones below:
- Chinese Ginseng: In East Asia, ginseng is a widely used traditional medicine. This is derived from a medicinal plant that belongs to the Araliaceae family, the roots of which are used primarily. It has beneficial effects not only on the immune system but male erectile dysfunction, oxidative stress, brain functions, aging, and cancer too7.
- Saw Palmetto: Saw Palmetto, also known as Serenoa Repens, is a miracle herb for men. It is a natural compound produced from a fruit extract of a palm tree that not only prevents BPH but also offers various other benefits. It promotes prostate health and also improves renal health, boosts libido, prevents hair loss, and increases sperm production due to its anti-inflammatory, anti-androgenic, and proapoptotic effects.
- Damiana leaf: for centuries, Damiana leaves have been used to treat impotence and prostate problems in Latin America. This herb provides the added benefit of fighting depression, stress, and fatigue. Together with saw palmetto, it helps prevent and treat BPH. Damiana is more effective when combined with Saw Palmetto.
- Oat Straw: Oat Straw not only boosts sexual performance, but it also helps prevent prostate problems too. It is rich in calcium and magnesium. B-sitosterol, an anti-tumor compound found in oat straw, helps prevent cancer while promoting deep sleep and supporting bone health.
- Epimedium Sagittatum: Epimedium Sagittatum keeps the body healthy and defends against various viruses and pathogens.
- Ginkgo biloba: This tonic herb equilibrates body systems8. It helps promote the normal functioning of the urethra, relieves bladder infections, and improves respiratory disorders.
- Catuaba: it is native to Brazil and is a central nervous system stimulant. It is famous for promoting better sleep and reducing stress and anxiety. It also helps fight off depression, insomnia, and fatigue.
- Vitamin B3: It supports healthy cholesterol levels, boosts brain function, and supports cartilage and joint function. It aids in brain function and skin cells.
- Muira Puama: It is a bush whose wood and root are powerful adaptogen and ‘nerve tonic’ that reduce stress and helps boost energy levels.
- Tribulus: This ingredient has long been used for sexual deficiency. Also known as puncture vine, this herb is responsible for increasing the production of testosterone and building muscle bulk.
- Hawthorn: Hawthorn is a rich antioxidant that helps to protect skin from sunlight and pollutants. It also helps to slow down aging.
- Vitamin E, Inosine, and Cayenne: These three elements share similar properties and are crucial for the normal functioning of the prostate. Other than the prostate, these offer additional health benefits to the brain, blood, and skin. They enhance eyesight. Cayenne also plays a role as a tumor suppressor for prostate cancer.
As you can see, there are quite a lot of herbs, nutrients and remedies of natural origin that can be used to treat prostate problems. Many of them are readily available in widely used medical supplements!
Among many different solutions, we’ve found one that comprises all of the mentioned organic herbal remedies in one product – and that is the FluxActive Complete that we luckily were able to test out!
FluxActive Complete – All In One! – A Unique Solution
FluxActive Complete is a unique organic formula comprising all 14 essential natural minerals, vitamins, antioxidants, and herbs for prostate and bladder that are mentioned above, that are blended to formulate a supplement to enhance prostate health and bladder function. It is vegan, gluten-free, and 100% free of chemical coating and other non-essential fillers.
Each ingredient in Fluxactive Complete has been researched and chosen with great care to provide a holistic approach to prostate health. It targets the necessary factors to provide lasting prostate health, improve sexual performance and fertility, and reduce anxiety and stress. The natural ingredients incorporated in the Fluxactive capsules give you many different benefits along the way too!
Fluxactive Complete is made in an FDA-registered and inspected facility, and the high-quality ingredients are handled as per the USDA National Organic Program. You only need two capsules daily to benefit from Fluxactive Complete’s powerful proprietary blend.
It will not only prove beneficial for the male reproductive system and prostate but will also help reduce the damage caused by free radicals, lower blood pressure, regulate blood cholesterol levels, boost the immune system and brain function, and provide healthy support to bone, cartilage, and joints.
Don’t wait and take care of your prostate health before it’s too late! You can get the FluxActive Complete here – it’s a perfect deal! The average shipping time is only about 5 to 10 days!
- Vásquez B. Morphological characteristics of prostate in mammals. International Journal of Medical and Surgical Sciences. 2014 Mar 1;1(1):63-72.
- Burkitt HG, Young B, Heath JW, Wheater PR. Wheater’s functional histology: a text and colour atlas. (No Title). 1993 Sep 20. 347-8
- Standring, Susan, ed. (2016). “Prostate”. Gray’s anatomy : the anatomical basis of clinical practice (41st ed.). Philadelphia. pp. 1266–1270.
- Berry SJ, Coffey DS, Walsh PC, Ewing LL. The development of human benign prostatic hyperplasia with age. The Journal of urology. 1984 Sep 1;132(3):474-9.
- Ballentine Carter H, Coffey DS. The prostate: an increasing medical problem. The prostate. 1990;16(1):39-48.
- Lepor H. Medical treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Reviews in urology. 2011;13(1):20.
- Yang MS. Chinese ginseng. InNutraceuticals 2021 Jan 1 (pp. 853-864). Academic Press.
- Lim PH. Asian herbals and aphrodisiacs used for managing ED. Translational andrology and urology. 2017 Apr;6(2):167.